Mulch is effectively a protective cover for the soil surface. Made from naturally composted organic matter, Compost Direct’s range of mulch is peat-free and environmentally friendly.
Why use mulch?
Bark mulch brings a number of benefits to the garden, including:
- Ideal for tidying garden borders and flower beds.
- Suppresses weed growth, reducing garden maintenance.
- Preserves soil moisture during hot weather.
- Reduces soil erosion during heavy rain.
- Reduces surface run-off during heavy rain.
- Insulates plant root area during frosty periods.
- Fine material in mulch has soil conditioner properties and will feed the topsoil.
- Attracts worms to the soil.